Stronghold Digital Mining (NASDAQ: SDIG) is an environmentally beneficial, vertically integrated cryptocurrency miner. We own and operate power plants that generate electricity, which powers our computers that mine bitcoin. We are a rapidly expanding public company committed to investing in and creating opportunities for our employees and community. If interested in restoring the environment while building the high tech network of the future, apply to join our team.
The Computer Hardware Engineer role involves supporting Stronghold’s Data Center Team in troubleshooting, repairing, and designing our bitcoin mining computers. As a Computer Hardware Engineer, you will work with suppliers and SDIG team members to create, improve and optimize our bitcoin mining fleet. you will be involved in the concept phase, design activities, reviews and reporting processes. Ideal candidate will be independently able to take design concepts, requirements, and high-level block diagrams, and develop into products with >10k volume production. Our company is a team of power plant and data center operators and integrating with this team is key. We believe our culture of entrepreneurship and respect for our teammates is core to our success. Based in Pittsburgh, but some travel to our data centers where industrial plant noise and construction noise is sometimes present. Work is sometimes conducted in an outside environment such as a yard and in equipment enclosures.
· Work closely with test engineering department to ensure proper function and performance of products is achieved.
· Aid in the resolution of hardware/software compatibility issues
· Address production issues, including, parts procurement, assembly, and electrical performance
· Provide direction to manufacturing in the assembly of first PCB assemblies
· Perform root cause analyses of system failures and develop appropriate resolutions
· Work closely with firmware and software engineers to define and develop embedded firmware and software to support designs
· Lead printed circuit board (PCB) designs, analysis, documentation, and parts lists creation
· Work as a collaborative team member in engineering projects, performing leadership activities when needed
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience in a related field
· Knowledge of ASICs and Raspberry Pi
· 5+ years experience in Computer Design
Experience mining bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies is preferred