Stronghold Digital Mining (NASDAQ: SDIG) is an environmentally beneficial, vertically integrated cryptocurrency miner. We own and operate power plants that generate electricity, which powers our computers that mine bitcoin. We are a rapidly expanding public company committed to investing in and creating opportunities for our employees and community. If interested in restoring the environment while building the high tech network of the future, apply to join our team.
The Data Scientist’s role is to harness vast amounts of data to optimize business results. They will exercise their knowledge of descriptive and multivariate statistical techniques and applications, and database analysis tools and techniques to develop strategic insights to drive business goals. As it relates to Stronghold, the Data Scientist is responsible for ensuring all cryptocurrency mining machines and pools are performing at optimal hashing levels to maximize returns. This role is pivotal in achieving Stronghold’s goal of maximizing mining output while maintaining as low of cost and environmental impact as possible.
· Provide world-class insights on mining operation optimization and present them to SDIG leadership
· Work with leadership and/or Business Intelligence contractor to define metrics, guidelines, and strategies for effective predictive analytics
· Create and maintain evolving data mining and analytics architectures, coding, statistical reporting, and data analysis methodologies
· Measure business performance, develop metrics and create dashboards to track and present findings
· Perform deep analyses and build models to understand the interplay between hash rate, power, and cost optimization
· Conduct diligence on optimal mining pools
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred
· 5+ years of relevant experience
· Deep understanding of statistical concepts
· Experience in programming language (e.g., Python, SQL, etc.)
· Experience with data visualization applications (e.g,., Tableau, Power Bi, Alteryx, etc.)
Cryptocurrency experience is preferred